JOB PURPOSE:To assist the Logistics Manager
The Shipping and Logistics Administrator in McCarren’s is responsible for productivity, efficiency and ensures smooth running of the logistic process so the company meets the targets and delivers the highest quality product in a timely manner. The Shipping and Logistics Administrator in McCarren’s drives a continuous improvement culture within their team. In addition to this, the Shipping and Logistics Administrator creates a positive employee relations environment and facilitates high motivation and engagement within the production and sales team and across the company. This is an excellent opportunity to join one of Ireland’s leading manufacturing and meat-processing groups and gain experience in the industry.
- Assigning customer orders to containers for export.
- Load orders from Emydex (stock management system) to AX (finance management system) on a daily basis.
- Liaising with production and dispatch to ensure order fulfilment.
- Liaising with sales on general queries/delays/deliveries etc.
- Dealing with customers regarding dispatch information on their order.
Blast Freezer Management
- Schedule Load Maximisation and Pallet Fills to ensure space optimisation .
- Attend Daily Management and Weekly Planning Meetings.
- Booking transport of product from factory to offsite cold storage facilities.
- Managing relationships with cold stores and hauliers to ensure smooth running of service.
- Estimating External Cold store Costs and breakdown by blast freezing, handling, storage, transfer between cold stores.
- Provide shipping agents with accurate information to ensure all documentation is correct.
- Creating Declarations between Ireland and the United Kingdom.
- Review and approve export documentation.
- Dealing with ASN (Advanced Shipping Notice) and cross checking all correspondence and documentation.
- Data Entry / documentation for all shipments into our ERP System.
Management of Stock
- Drafting cold store paperwork for frozen product.
- Drafting paperwork for fresh deliveries.
- Tracking of Product Returns and completion of relevant paperwork.
- Management of Product Returns through dispatch including relevant paperwork.
- Dealing with any issues of trailers and liaising with hauliers.
Purchase Order (PO) End to End Management
- Creating PO’s for each individual haulier Week-to-week.
- Pricing PO’s.
- Receipting PO's after orders have been dispatched.
- Creating Order Containers for loading that day by haulier.
- Linking PO’s with the Containers.
- Sending PO's Breakdown to hauliers for that week.
- KPI’s will be set out and reviewed by the Site Manager for each period defined (month / quarter / year) reflecting achievement of agreed objectives and initiatives.
- Meeting Reporting Deadlines.
- Adherence to Group Policies and Procedures.
- Audit Results (Internal and External).
- Previous logistics/ shipping experience desired.
- Previous administration experience in a fast paced environment desired.
- Strong IT/MS Office Applications including Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Knowledge of ERP Systems an advantage but not essential as full training will be given.
- Ability to maintain priorities and meet deadlines
- Be a highly motivated individual.
- Have good communication skills.
- Have strong attention to detail.
- Have excellent telephone communication ability.
- Company Pension
- Benefits App Employee Discount Platform
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Free parking
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Staff discount for McCarren Direct
- Permanent Contract