The Head of Data Governance and Data Management will be part of the newly established Data and Analytics team, reporting to the Chief Data Officer.
This role will be to embed data governance within the Davy, gaining business buy in and ensuring continued progress in delivering best in class data management and controls. This position will be pivotal in building trustworthy data that delivers value to the business and key stakeholders. Critical focus is needed to establish an enterprise-wide approach to enhancing the data governance and data management practices, incorporating policy review, embedding standards, improving data quality, and establishing action oriented cross-functional working groups.
You will lead the Data Governance and Data Management function, building a small team of direct reports and be responsible for implementing data change programmes across the organisation.
- Implement an enterprise-wide programme to transform the data governance and data management practices within Davy to ensure data is trustworthy and can be used effectively to deliver stakeholder value.
- Review and enhance our policies, frameworks, standards, and procedures that enable us to improve the quality and trust in our data throughout the data lifecycle.
- Ensure we keep our client and employee data private, safe secure and aligned to key regulations such as GDPR
- Put in place strategies to deliver improvement in the stewardship of critical data, to enhance end-to-end controls in relation to data aggregation and reporting, and ensuring that accurate reports are presented to the appropriate stakeholders in a timely manner to support the decision-making process. Demonstrate the embedding of the key principles of BCBS-239 in all our critical reporting.
- Accountable for the design and implementation of standards and key controls including data taxonomy, hierarchies, data lineage, data quality and data lifecycle management
- Develop and embed a data quality framework for Davy including standards, targets, root cause analysis of gaps and appropriate remediation.
- Build organisational awareness on the criticality of data privacy, governance, management, and ethics
- Lead key data management programmes and remediation action plans.
- Build the dedicated Enterprise Data Governance team in Davy and define key enterprise-wide roles and responsibilities to deliver upon the objectives of the Data Programme
- 5+ years of experience developing and implementing cross-functional data change programmes in financial services or another regulated industry
- Demonstrated competence and multi-year experience in and understanding of concepts, frameworks pertaining to Data Management- Data Governance, Data Policy, Data Lineage, Data Models, Data Quality, Data Risk and Control Frameworks, Data Literacy, Reference Data Management, Metadata Management
- Experience within data management and governance. Possess knowledge of frameworks, standards and regulatory requirements related to Data Governance, Data Management - BCBS239.
- Strong leadership experience within data management, data governance or analytical domains.
- Experience collaborating across an organisation to deliver outcomes, including operating effectively across 3 lines of defence model and engaging with regulators, as required.
- Experience building high performing teams
- Advanced problem-solving skills, superior communication (verbal and written) with the ability to lead meetings, hold workshops with executives, communicate complex ideas effectively, advocate solutions and results to technology and business audiences
- Experience working independently, efficiently, and effectively under tight timelines and delivering results by critical deadlines
- Academic background in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Information Management, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or other comparable quantitative disciplines)
- Worked with or have an understating of EDM Council DCAM assessment or an alternative data maturity assessment; be certified in EDM Council DCAM Assessment
- Experience of Agile and traditional SDLC delivery methodologies
Davy is an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace. We value diversity both in background and in experience. You might not meet all of the requirements outlined in the above job description, but we would still like to hear from you. We review all applications received.
Davy Group is a member of the Bank of Ireland Group.