At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
Couchbase is seeking a Deal Desk Manager to manage all Deal Desk functions for EMEA and APAC. Reporting to the Global Deal Desk Director and with a dotted line to the Head of EMEA/APAC Sales Operations, the right candidate will be detail oriented, thrive in a fast-paced environment and is looking to draw upon and build their commercial experience.Engaging with all functions of the business, you will be a highly visible key contributor to the successful running of the day to day EMEA amp; APAC businesses, by directly supporting our sales teams to build the right commercial terms in a strategic advisory capacity.Responsibilities:
- Strategic Deal Desk:
- Support our field sales teams in building pricing proposals that provide the optimum balance between the right commercial terms for our customers and the best result for Couchbase
- Provide business insight, pricing and product knowledge, as well as analytical support to Sales, including customer interaction, for large, complex, transactions
- Assist with non-standard deal requests, structuring complex deals, driving cross-functional and cross solution collaboration and ensure revenue recognition requirements are managed
- Trusted advisor to field sales teams; first line support for modelling impact of different deal structures
- Pro-active deal scanning and analysis (price, discount, Terms) as defined by the Sales Ops playbook
- Review and engage with Couchbase leadership to adjust deal strategies to align with company’s direction
- Day to Day Quoting Support:
- Accurate and timely deal desk inbound Quote Review management (correct amounts, key fields, partner data, quote approval checklist...)
- Pro-active outreach to field sales teams to ensure that all pipeline deals have been accurately quoted for
- Identify options to enhance and streamline systems (e.g. bugs and gaps that could be automated) and work with relevant teams to have them fixed
- Enablement lead for new field sales reps in region, becoming the ‘go to’ person for quoting and deal development
- Order Submission:
- Accurate and timely Order Administration (key fields, relevant signed documentation)
- Partner with central functions (Finance, Legal, A/R) to proactively eliminate any delays at Order Booking (Deal Terms, Customer details) and communicate with the Sales Rep
- Project Management:
- Identify, lead and deliver sales-ops level projects aiming at improving internal processes; data integrity, training effectiveness, quote accuracy in both SFDC and Couchbase CPQ ecosystem.
- Gather and distill information to propose, develop, and implement impactful process and platform improvements with the broader Sales Operations Team
About CouchbaseAt Couchbase, we believe data is at the heart of the enterprise. We empower developers and architects to build, deploy, and run their most mission-critical applications. Couchbase delivers a high-performance, flexible and scalable modern database that runs across the data center and any cloud. Many of the world’s largest enterprises rely on Couchbase to power the core applications their businesses depend on.
- 3+ years of experience working with CPQ related tools and applications, preferably with Salesforce CPQ, in SaaS based environments
- 3+ years of experience working cross functionally (with Sales, Legal, Revenue, Finance), to orchestrate deal processing
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with 7+ years related work experience OR Master’s degree in a related field with 5+ years related work experience
- Experience supporting Inside / Field / Channel Sales teams across multiple territories and time zones
- Expert user of Salesforce.com, Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint
- Enterprise software / services / subscription / SaaS experience
- Proactive self-starter who is able to prioritise and adapt to changing business needs
- Attention to detail and accuracy
As a 2021 Bay Area Best Places to Work winner, Couchbase recognizes the need for time off when you need it. Enjoy unlimited time off (DTO), matching 401K contributions, ESPP and many other amazing benefits. See more of our recent awards to learn what makes Couchbase such a great company to work at.
Learn more about Couchbase and our technical capabilities:
* Compare Couchbase vs. MongoDB * Compare Couchbase vs. Oracle * Browse the Developer Portal
Couchbase is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
By using this website and submitting your information, you acknowledge our Candidate Privacy Notice and understand your personal information may be processed in accordance our Candidate Privacy Notice.