The Accountant will be involved in all aspects of the regional finance function and reporting for EMEA. In this role, they will be responsible for a range of financial functions and reporting activities including ensuring taxation compliance for a wide range of countries within the EU, end of month close and finance support for global head office. The ideal candidate is highly organized and thrives in a fast-paced environment.About Megaport
Megaport has transformed the way IT gets connected. We're global leaders in Network as a Service (NaaS), changing the way businesses reach the cloud. We're also a leading partner to Amazon, Microsoft, Google, IBM, Oracle, NYSE, and many other leading technology companies. Megaport is a publicly traded company on the Australian Stock Exchange with a market cap exceeding $2 Billion. We’re a lean, high-achieving team made up of over 280 members globally. While the company is headquartered in Brisbane, Australia, employees are spread out across North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. Staff enjoy an environment that is collaborative, supportive, and fun.Our Team Culture
Join a team of globally-positioned industry experts that lead by example. We do not compromise our values for commercial gain; we are all custodians of our culture, and the customer is at the centre of everything we do. Our employees are motivated, adaptable, persistent, hard-working, and dynamic. Our culture permeates everything we do and this, in turn with a global vision, forms a commitment to each other, our customers, and shareholders alike.What you will be doing
- Assist in the financial monthly close process for the region.
- Preparation of VAT returns, VIES returns and liaise with third party providers.
- Investigate monthly variances and provide comments on material movements.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations within agreed upon deadlines, including liaising with multiple business units to resolve in a timely manner.
- Maintain the fixed assets register and stock reconciliations for the EMEA region.
- Assist with annual statutory reporting requirements and audits.
- Identify areas for process improvement and automation.
- Adhoc Group reporting as required.
What we are looking for
- Qualified accountant with 1-2 years PQE.
- Experience in an end-to-end Accountant role.
- D365 experience would be preferred.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot tables, vlookups etc.)
- Ability to take initiative and independently plan, organize, coordinate, and perform work in various situations where numerous and diverse demands are involved.
- Experience working in a small to medium size business.
What we offer
- Flexible working environments
- Birthday Leave
- Generous study and training allowance + development opportunities
- Share Scheme
- Creative, fun, and contemporary workspaces
- Motivated team of industry experts and new talent
- Celebrated and recognised success with Megaport’s very own ‘Legend’ and ‘Kudos’ Awards
- Health and wellness program
- Opportunities for career growth and potential for global intra-company transfers for interested candidates